Projects: SAGD Pad Modularization
Objective: To improve SAGD pad economics by developing an optimized modularization concept.
Focus: Strategy Growth Performance
Domain: Capital Projects
Client: Major E&P with a portfolio of oil sands assets in Athabasca
We helped client to develop an optimized lego-type building block for their SAGD development projects. Our consultant helped client in:
– Project formation and stakeholder engagement,
– Scope definition (including KPIs) and development of design basis,
– Concept development and economic analysis,
– Risk-reward analysis and concept selection,
– Documentation and project closure.
New modularized design achieved:
– 5% shrinkage in SAGD pad foot print,
– estimated 7-9% saving in P&ID cost (7 well-pair pad),
– estimated additional 3-5% saving in fabrication and construction cost,
– Estimated saving of up to 85% of the engineering cost for sustaining pads (following the first modularized pad) due to repetitive work process.
Other intangible benefits:
– Reduced risk due to less complicated interface management with fabrication, construction in the execution phase.
Want to learn more about this project? Contact us to explore how we can add value to your business.